Podcast producers are responsible for helping deliver weekly content to one of the two podcasts KCPR is producing. The first podcast is about arts, music and culture around the Central Coast and the second is a diversity podcast looking to highlight different voices around Cal Poly. These shows will air on the station and be uploaded to our website.
A producer’s responsibilities are:
- Know how to record quality audio
- Be sufficient in either Adobe Premiere and/or Adobe Audition
- Know FCC guidelines
- Be able to pitch weekly ideas for segments for the podcast
- Know how to edit audio
- Know how to operate microphones, cameras, and other necessary audio equipment
- Write scripts for the show
We are looking for team players with a drive to learn and passion for audio storytelling. Mustang Media Group members thrive on innovation while ambitiously seeking to hone their craft and improve their communities.
Whether your goal is to pursue a career in journalism, gain experience in a newsroom or learn more about podcasting, Mustang Media Group is the best place to get a comprehensive campus experience. Writing experience is required, multimedia experience is not required.