The Venue Relations Manager has a passion for sharing live music events with the community through partnerships with local venues. They are in charge of executing our show partnership strategy through on-air promotions, press passes, social media content, and ticket giveaways
What you will do:
- Maintain venue relations with SLO Brew Rock, keeping up to date on upcoming shows that match our sound for “KCPR presents” partnerships
- Prospect new venues and communicate with contacts to create partnerships
- Execute our promotion strategy for upcoming shows on-air and on socials
- Coordinate with social media specialist to host free ticket giveaways for shows
- Coordinate with Content Director to secure press passes for writers and photographers
- Work with production manager to develop on-air promo spots
- Optional: Serve as an on-air DJ for KCPR
Who You Are:
- Must be self-motivated, personable, and able to communicate with business contacts at several local venues in San Luis Obispo county
- Must be available to enroll and attend JOUR 320 on Tuesdays 11:10 – 12:00
- Have strong organizational skills and work ethic
- Have a passion for connecting the Cal Poly community with everything new, now, and exciting in SLO
- A tastemaker; always the friend with the best recommendations for playlists, coffee shops, or surf spots; you know where it’s at!
We are looking for a team player with a drive to learn and a passion for sharing live music events with our audience. Mustang Media Group members thrive on innovation while ambitiously seeking to hone their craft and improve their communities.
Whether your goal is to pursue a career in marketing or the music industry, gain experience in a radio station, or learn more about venue relations, KCPR is the best place to get a comprehensive campus experience. Marketing or events experience is required.