The KCPR Social Media Specialist is on the cutting edge of social media trends and viral content and is in charge of running the KCPR Instagram, Tiktok, Facebook, and Twitter accounts. They will work with the Mustang Media Group social media team to ensure cohesion.
What you will do:
- Run the KCPR Instagram and TikTok accounts, creating a social media calendar and planning posts, as well as sourcing content
- Manage the KCPR Facebook and Twitter accounts, reposting KCPR Instagram posts and KCPR.org content
- Foster a community on social media, responding to comments and DM’s and monitoring analytics to maintain engaging content
- Regularly posts KCPR.org content and promotions for KCPR events
- Coordinate with Venue Relations Manager to host ticket giveaways on social media and promote shows
- Coordinate with Art Director for social media graphics and artwork
- Optional: Serve as an on-air DJ for KCPR
Who You Are:
- Have experience running social media channels for a brand, business, or organization and a portfolio or work samples of posts or creative work
- Must be available to enroll and attend JOUR 320 on Tuesdays 11:10 – 12:00
- Have strong organizational skills and work ethic
- Have a passion for connecting the Cal Poly community with everything new, now, and exciting in SLO
- A tastemaker; always the friend with the best recommendations for playlists, coffee shops, or surf spots; you know where it’s at!
We are looking for a team player with a drive to learn and a passion for storytelling through social media. Mustang Media Group members thrive on innovation while ambitiously seeking to hone their craft and improve their communities.
Whether your goal is to pursue a career in marketing or the music industry, gain experience in a radio station, or learn more about social media, KCPR is the best place to get a comprehensive campus experience. Social media experience is required.