The Promotions Manager is an expert at crafting compelling branding and communicating to audiences what KCPR is all about in order to build long-term relationships with listeners. They will be in charge of developing station promos and campaigns and conducting outreach.
What you will do:
- Develop promotions strategy to increase awareness and listenership of KCPR in the Cal Poly community and beyond
- Establish outreach efforts to reach new audiences through on-air promos, paid social media campaigns, print ads, posters, and flyers
- Coordinate with social media specialist to host giveaways of merch or gift cards to increase social media presence
- Optional: Serve as an on-air DJ for KCPR
Who You Are:
- Must be available to enroll and attend JOUR 320 on Tuesdays 11:10 – 12:00
- Have strong organizational skills and work ethic
- Have a passion for connecting the Cal Poly community with everything new, now, and exciting in SLO
- A tastemaker; always the friend with the best recommendations for playlists, coffee shops, or surf spots; you know where it’s at!
We are looking for a team player with a drive to learn and a passion for promoting KCPR to the Cal Poly community and beyond. Mustang Media Group members thrive on innovation while ambitiously seeking to hone their craft and improve their communities.
Whether your goal is to pursue a career in marketing or the music industry, gain experience in a radio station, or learn more about promotions, KCPR is the best place to get a comprehensive campus experience. Marketing or communications experience is required.