Overview: The Programming/Music Director reports to the Faculty Adviser and is responsible for all broadcast content over the terrestrial FM signal and kcpr.org. This includes music, live events and on-air guests. The Program/Music Director is also responsible for all music, new and old, added to the station during their tenure.
- Coordinate broadcast content in line with the goals set by KCPR’s management.
- Attend manager meetings every Monday with the Faculty Adviser, as well as general station meetings (JOUR 320) on Tuesday and MMG management meetings (JOUR 455) every Wednesday.
- Create and maintain the programming schedule.
- Communicate with staff with regards to programming weekly.
- Approve all on-air guests.
- Approve all on-air content.
- Ensure all DJ scheduled shows are covered and completed, even if it requires the director to fill a spot.
- Collaborate with record labels, publicists, and promoters to foster relationships within the music industry.
- Curate KCPR’s on-air sound through new and old music selection.
- Oversee the station’s Spotify account and analytics.
- Continually update the rotating list of new music/currents to ensure new music additions are always added and played by the DJ staff.
- Advise programming staff on FCC and station rules and regulations; enforce the station policy rules and regulations regarding the programming of the station.
- Generate program logs and oversee scheduling of all on-air elements.
- Manage syndicated and auto programs.
- Submit quarterly reports to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), containing FCC public log information on underwriting, talk programs, and other important information to be placed in the public file.
- Submit quarterly reports to the Mustang Media Board.
- Oversee and assist student broadcasters in JOUR 333 and JOUR 220, with the assistance of the News Director and KCPR Faculty Adviser.
- Be available for communication with DJs as needed at all times.
- Utilize KCPR’s platform and reach to be a positive force for diversity, equity, and inclusion. This takes the form of music selection and promotion, on-air content and guests, and playlist curation.
Compensation: $200 monthly stipend