Overview: The Marketing Director works with the KCPR Programming Director and the KCPR Content Director to promote station listenership, engagement and awareness while leading fundraising, social media, business and brand relations with the marketing team.With MMG General Manager, sets out station marketing vision and arranges necessary resources and guidance to implement the vision.
- Reports to MMG General Manager and sets out station marketing vision and arranges necessary resources and guidance to implement the vision.
- Coordinate marketing efforts in line with the goals set in collaboration with the advisory board.
- Schedule and conduct weekly marketing meeting with KCPR marketing staff and MMG General Manager.
- Enforce the station’s marketing standards and vision.
- Set project deadlines with marketing staff.
- Work with the MMG Social Media Director to run KCPR social media accounts.
- Approve all marketing content, including social media and on-air promotions.
- Oversee social media director and the rest of the marketing team.
- Coordinate with promotions director to secure resources for promotion (tickets to shows, festivals, etc).
- Negotiate and secure underwriting contracts with local businesses and promoters
- Plan pledge drive that fundraises a majority of KCPR’s Budget
- Coordinate underwriting programming and make sure underwriting script is FCC compliant
- Build marketing campaigns that increase listenership and engagement.
Compensation: $300 monthly stipend