Overview: The Marketing Director works with the entire KCPR management team including the KCPR Programming/Music Director, KCPR Content Director, KCPR Art Director and KCPR Podcast Director to promote audience growth, station listenership, engagement, and awareness while leading fundraising, social media, events, merch, venue partnerships, underwriting, business and brand relations with the marketing team.
- Reports to the MMG General Manager and sets out station marketing vision and arranges necessary resources and guidance to implement the vision.
- Enforce the station’s marketing standards and vision.
- Develop marketing campaigns and projects that increase the value of KCPR as a brand beyond being a college radio station, while increasing audience growth through social media followers, station listenership, events attendance, and campus and community engagement and support.
- Coordinate marketing efforts in line with the goals set in collaboration with the advisory board.
- Manage KCPR Marketing Team, including the KCPR Social Media Specialist, Venue Relations Manager, Fundraising Manager, Promotions Manager, Production Manager, and Events Coordinator.
- Oversee KCPR Social Media Specialist with management of all KCPR social media channels including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Tik Tok, coordinating content like giveaways, articles, and promotional posts including the art and captions to be posted, maintaining the KCPR calendar to include all posts to be scheduled and monitoring the weekly analytics report.
- Oversee KCPR Venue Relations Manager with management of all relationships with local venues and organizations that host concerts and events that fit with KCPR’s audience, including communicating with venue contacts, executing promotional strategy to present concerts, coordinating ticket giveaways, arranging for press passes, and maintaining monthly underwriting contracts and on-air spots, as well as prospecting new potential partners for KCPR including music festivals and venues in SLO and beyond.
- Oversee KCPR Fundraising Manager with management of all fundraising initiatives including the annual Pledge Drive in Spring Quarter and design contest for merch, promotional strategy, donor outreach, alumni relations, and gift fulfillment, and well as general merchandise sales year round by maintaining the e-commerce page, tracking inventory, fulfilling giveaway prizes, fostering local retail partnerships, obtaining quotes, and coordinating new designs and reorders.
- Oversee KCPR Promotions Manager and Production Manager with management and creation of promotional content for the station and for partnerships including self-promotion, underwriting, and “KCPR presents” shows, ensuring copy for spots are written, approved, recorded, and programmed on air for designated duration and language adheres to FCC regulations
- Oversee KCPR Events Coordinator with management and ideation, planning, promotion, and execution of all KCPR events including on-campus events like the monthly Breakfast Club LIVE booths, concerts, and other events in partnership with Cal Poly organizations, as well as off-campus events in partnership with local venues, businesses, and organizations
- Work alongside MMG managers and teams to coordinate integration and cross-organizational collaboration with marketing efforts, events, and business relations.
- Meet with MMG General Manager monthly.
- Meet with the KCPR Advisor and KCPR Management Team weekly.
- Lead weekly KCPR Marketing Team meetings, assigning projects, setting deadlines, and monitoring progress.
- Be enrolled/attend J455 weekly