Overview: The KCPR Managing Editor manages all content on KCPR.org and reports to the Editor-in-Chief. Content writers report to the ME, who understands and coordinates all story assignments. This person must work with the News Director, KCPR Marketing Director and Music and Programming Director to plan comprehensive coverage of the most important stories in alternative and new music journalism, arts and culture.
Develop a coverage plan, in regular meetings with the content team, KCPR news team and occasionally the video editor to be shared with Social Editor and other platform managers.
- Acts as primary point of contact for KCPR.org content
- Plans and coordinate essential coverage and training with staff
- Promotes team cohesion.
- Edits enterprise and long-form news stories.
- Takes the lead in planning and coordinating large-scale KCPR event coverage.
- Understands the “big picture” when it comes to entertainment and music coverage at Cal Poly and adds context to story assignments.
- Stays abreast of local media stories that pertain to arts, music, and culture
- Attends Mustang News section editor meetings, editor meetings, KCPR manager meetings, and general KCPR meetings.
- Meet with Managing Editor for Mustang News to discuss collaborative content
- Work directly with the music director to ensure that music content correlates with what is playing on the station
- Meet quarterly with the Media Board to discuss the status of KCPR.
- Find unique multimedia elements to incorporate across KCPR.org
Compensation: $200 monthly stipend