The Fundraising Director is passionate about communicating the importance of KCPR and college radio to the community and garnering support for the station. They are in charge of planning and promoting our Annual Pledge Drive, as well as KCPR merch creation and distribution.
What you will do:
- Plan and execute KCPR’s annual Pledge Drive, and implementing a strategy to promote it to all audiences across different channels including social media, digital articles, and partnerships with various Cal Poly entities and Alumni
- Coordinate the designing and ordering of KCPR merch including t-shirts, hats, totes, stickers, mugs, and other items
- Manage sales and distribution of KCPR merch for our e-commerce platform, booths, and Pledge Drive gift fulfillment
- Run T-shirt design contest
- Coordinate with social media specialist and art director to promote pledge drive and design merch
- Optional: Serve as an on-air DJ for KCPR
Who You Are:
- Must be available to enroll and attend JOUR 320 on Tuesdays 11:10 – 12:00
- Have strong organizational skills and work ethic
- Have a passion for connecting the Cal Poly community with everything new, now, and exciting in SLO
- A tastemaker; always the friend with the best recommendations for playlists, coffee shops, or surf spots; you know where it’s at!
We are looking for a team player with a drive to learn and a passion for connecting with Alumni and members of the community for fundraising. Mustang Media Group members thrive on innovation while ambitiously seeking to hone their craft and improve their communities.
Whether your goal is to pursue a career in marketing or the music industry, gain experience in a radio station, or learn more about fundraising, KCPR is the best place to get a comprehensive campus experience. Marketing, supply chain, finance, or accounting experience is required.