The Events Coordinator is full of amazing and creative ideas for future events, and plans and executes them to bring KCPR to the masses. They are in charge of planning and managing KCPR events and booths and ensuring they run smoothly.
What you will do:
- Brainstorm and plan creative events on-campus that involve the Cal Poly community (pending Cal Poly COVID-19 regulations)
- Coordinate KCPR booths for events on-campus and off-campus (ie Dexter Lawn, Farmer’s Market) reserve spots and times, and create sign-up sheets to ensure booths are adequately staffed
- Coordinate with venues, vendors, speakers, artists, bands, and other entities to put on and host events
- Coordinate transport and set-up of necessary equipment for events including technology, speakers, tables, tents, merch, posters, etc.
- Coordinate with social media specialist and promotions manager to promote events on social media and on-air
- Optional: Serve as an on-air DJ for KCPR
Who You Are:
- Have experience with event planning for a brand, business, or organization
- Must be available to enroll and attend JOUR 320 on Tuesdays 11:10 – 12:00
- Have strong organizational skills and work ethic
- Have a passion for connecting the Cal Poly community with everything new, now, and exciting in SLO
- A tastemaker; always the friend with the best recommendations for playlists, coffee shops, or surf spots; you know where it’s at!
We are looking for a team player with a drive to learn and a passion for planning and putting on exciting events for the Cal Poly community. Mustang Media Group members thrive on innovation while ambitiously seeking to hone their craft and improve their communities.
Whether your goal is to pursue a career in marketing or the music industry, gain experience in a radio station, or learn more about event planning, KCPR is the best place to get a comprehensive campus experience. Events management or planning experience is required.