Designers are responsible for creating weekly graphics that coincide with KCPR written content, as well as visuals for reporting across our digital platforms. Designers will work under the direction of the Art Director, who will ensure all design is consistent and high quality throughout.
What You Will Do:
- Execute the writer’s visions as well as come up with their own ideas for laying out content in a way that is visually appealing and easy to read
- Follow the KCPR Style Guide, while pushing the boundaries of design in everything created
- Go above and beyond traditional layouts and create original graphics, art and more to add unique elements to a story
- Communicate with platform managers to design and create visuals across platforms for stories for all KCPR
- Use industry standard software including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Attend weekly Sunday staff meetings
We are looking for team players with a drive to learn and passion for design. Mustang Media Group members thrive on innovation while ambitiously seeking to hone their craft and improve their communities. Additional interest in illustration and/or web development is beneficial, but it is not necessary.
Whether your goal is to pursue a career in journalism, gain experience in a newsroom or learn more about design, Mustang Media Group is the best place to get a comprehensive campus experience. Writing experience is required, multimedia experience is not required.