The KCPR design team is responsible for curating the visuals for KCPR 91.3 FM. KCPR designers are on a team led by the KCPR Art Director. This team makes the visual identity for KCPR. The art team works with content writers to create art that represents their stories in unique ways while also maintaining a cohesive and identifiable KCPR brand. The art team also works with the Marketing team to create visuals for social, web, merchandise, and news platforms.
- Follow KCPR style guides, while pushing the boundaries of design in everything created
- Go above and beyond traditional layouts and create original graphics, and more to add unique elements to a story or social media post
- Communicate with the Art Director to design and create visuals across platforms for stories from all KCPR sections (KCPR.org, Music and Programming needs, Social media, Marketing/Promotional materials)
- Execute the Content Writers’ and DJ’s visions as well as come up with their own ideas for laying out content in a way that is visually appealing and easy to read
- Use industry-standard software including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Collaborate with creative personnel to ensure that all creative ideas are presented properly
- Constantly survey the professional media landscape to find the most successful and engaging practices
- Be excited to share creative directions with other team members
- Attend weekly KCPR class meetings
- Attend an art team meeting once a week outside of class
- Have fun and be curious about your creative expression!
Subsections of the KCPR Art Team include:
- Marketing Graphics (Events, Venue Partnerships, Merch)
- Music/Playlisting Art
- Content Graphics (for KCPR.org)
- Social Media Graphics
Please indicate which subsection(s) you would be interested in working on in your cover letter.