Mustang Media Group Video Reporters create innovative video content for our digital platforms. We are looking for upcoming video/broadcast talent to join our award-winning team.
- Create weekly video content for Mustang Media Group platforms, including web, social and broadcast
- Assist staff multimedia journalists and students in JOUR 353 (Advanced Broadcast News Practicum) with scripts, videography and editing
- Record and conduct interviews with sources and live shots on-camera
- Report live on LiveStream, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
- Use industry standard software, including Adobe Premiere, AfterEffects and Photoshop
- Film using DSLR and broadcast cameras
- Write copy to accompany video content
- Use Mustang News style and AP style
- Health / COVID-19
- Crime & policing
- City Council
- University Administration
- Racial Justice & Social Equity
- Science & Technology
If you are interested in one of the above beats in particular, please specify in your cover letter, but no specification is necessary to apply.
We are looking for team players with a drive to learn and passion for storytelling. Mustang Media Group members thrive on innovation while ambitiously seeking to hone their craft and improve their communities.
Whether your goal is to pursue a career in journalism, gain experience in video reporting or learn more about a specific campus topic you’re interested in, Mustang Media Group is the best place to get a comprehensive campus experience. No writing, multimedia or reporting experience is required.