Sports multimedia journalists (MMJs) receive press passes to events and have the opportunity to develop relationships with some of Cal Poly’s top athletes. The job requires curiosity and a love of sports above all else, but it also requires dedication and a strong writing/multimedia ability.
What You Will Do:
- Pitch and report on games, athletes and sports news at Cal Poly across Mustang Media Group platforms
- Edit content according to Associated Press style
- Work alongside social media editors to develop social media-native content and promote your stories via social platforms; including but not limited to info videos and live tweeting
- Collaborate with editors and other multimedia journalists on comprehensive coverage
- Attend weekly Sunday editorial staff meetings
We are looking for team players with a drive to learn and passion for storytelling. Mustang Media Group members thrive on innovation while ambitiously seeking to hone their craft and improve their communities.
Whether your goal is to pursue a career in journalism, gain experience in multimedia reporting or learn more about a specific campus topic you’re interested in, Mustang Media Group is the best place to get a comprehensive campus experience. No writing, multimedia or reporting experience is required.