Social Media Editors are on the cutting edge of social media trends and viral content while assisting the managing editor of social media in updating the Mustang News’ Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook channels. Each editor will be assigned a section: arts, sports or news to specialize in.
What You Will Do:
- Schedule daily posts (writing, copy-editing, and optimizing) across platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Pitch and create original content for social media
- Tell stories in social media-native ways using multimedia
- Collect and interpret analytics for all social media channels
- Cover breaking news stories across platforms
- Stay abreast of ever-changing social media trends and analytics, experimenting with emerging platforms and communities/audiences to deepen our growth and engagement
- Edit posts according to AP style/Mustang News style
- Work with video and multimedia teams to help bring visual assets into our overall social strategy
- Assist the Manager of Social Media with any social media related tasks
We are looking for team players with a drive to learn and passion for storytelling through social media. Mustang Media Group members thrive on innovation while ambitiously seeking to hone their craft and improve their communities.
Whether your goal is to pursue a career in journalism, gain experience in a newsroom or learn more about social media, Mustang Media Group is the best place to get a comprehensive campus experience. Writing experience is required, multimedia experience is not required.
An intern position is also available for those with less experience that would like to learn more with potential to move up the ranks of the team.
Social media team members typically start out as Interns or as Social Media Editors upon being hired, depending on experience.
Interns will not be compensated.