The Mustang News Social Media Manager oversees all content on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and TikTok. This person will collaborate with other managers and editors, train social media coordinators and ensure that every story is promoted on our social media platforms.
Mustang News is seeking someone with creative and innovative thinking to meet our audience where they’re at and sharing information that serves our community.
- Attend the JOUR 455 Media Management class, held 11:10 a.m. – 12 p.m. on Mondays
- Attend staff meetings at 5:10 p.m. on Sundays and editor meetings at 11:10 a.m. on Thursdays
- Collaborate with other managers and editors
- Train social media coordinators
- Coordinate social content for every story published by Mustang News
- Organize content native to social media platforms to boost audience engagement
- Understand analytics and how to use them to improve our content
Compensation: $400 per month.