Social Media Coordinators have the opportunity to create and distribute creative news content via Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and TikTok. This includes promoting a variety of work from a 100+ person-staff, including video and radio content, breaking news coverage and in-depth, complex stories.
Social media staff members should be well-versed in multimedia with skills in video, design and storytelling. Engagement is key; social media coordinators can be the public voice for Mustang News in the community, so finding innovative ways to tell stories and utilize ever-evolving social media channels is vital for Mustang Media Group’s impact.
- Coordinate with section editors to produce and deliver the news across social media platforms
- Coordinate with Video Manager and Video Producer to facilitate native Facebook videos such as Mustang News Now and info videos.
- Collaborate with KCPR social media team
- Curate content that best supports editorial stories or can act as stand alone content (including but not limited to livestreams, Instagram stories, Facebook albums, graphics and polls).
- Gain and utilize an understanding of analytics to produce content in a strategic manner
- Keep up with current social media trends and strategize ways for Mustang News social content to stay on the cutting edge.