Mustang News photographers’ work has been seen by over one million people across our platforms. Photographers get to be on the front lines for some of Cal Poly and San Luis Obispo’s largest events, while taking more intimate portraits and chasing breaking news. As Photo Editor, you oversee the MMG photo team, manage all photo assignments and assets, and work to create a productive, supportive, fun environment for photographers to work in.
- Shoot photos using top-notch composition skills on DSLR cameras
- Use industry standard software, including Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom, to edit photos
- Work with multimedia journalists to write compelling captions for images using AP style/Mustang News style
- Collaborate with editors and other multimedia journalists on comprehensive coverage
- Manage the photographers, creating subteams for each MMG section to organize photo assignments
- Foster an inclusive, productive, supportive, fun environment to work in
- Produce photo stories
- Attend weekly Thursday and Sunday editorial staff meetings either in-person or via Zoom
We are looking for team players with a drive to learn and passion for storytelling. Mustang Media Group members thrive on innovation while ambitiously seeking to hone their craft and improve their communities.
The Photo Editor is a great position for anyone who is interested in creative arts and management. This person works as a mentor for their photographers and is great for anyone looking to gain a deeper understanding of news photography. Whether your goal is to pursue a career in journalism, gain experience in a newsroom or learn more about photojournalism, Mustang Media Group is the best place to get a comprehensive campus experience.