The Bilingual Editor will run the Mustang News en Español section, coordinating with other section editors to produce Spanish translations of articles as well as original reporting in Spanish.
The Mustang News en Español section, showing Spanish translations of our stories, was established during the 2021-22 school year. Now, we hope to grow our team to include original reporting, and expand to additional languages if staff availability permits.
Applicants are required to be proficient in speaking, writing and reading Spanish. People interested in editing articles in a language other than Spanish may still apply, however can only be accepted if a reporter/translator in that language is also available.
- Approve and edit stories affecting Cal Poly and the local community across Mustang Media Group platforms
- Edit Spanish translations of articles
- Learn and follow Associated Press/Mustang News style
- Collaborate with editors and other reporters on comprehensive multimedia coverage
- Work alongside social media editors to develop social media-native content and promote stories via social platforms; including but not limited to info videos and live tweeting
- Attend weekly Sunday staff meetings and weekly editor meetings