Overview: The Mustang News TV News Director reports to the Editor-in-Chief and is responsible for producing and coordinating video content for MustangNews.net and the broadcast news show in conjunction with the JOUR 353 class. The MNTV News Director works to ensure sufficient video content is secured for the show and coordinates news stories between digital and broadcast platforms. Works with other editors to produce and direct broadcast specials, such as Mustang Gameday, ASI Student Debate, Open House Broadcast and interviews with leaders on campus. Serves as a mentor for in-house video reporters, encouraging Mustang News staff members to shoot their own web-style video and overseeing these projects in conjunction with the Digital Manager.
- Take Pitches, give feedback, and advise the Mustang News Video Team
- Serve as primary point of contact with JOUR 353; collaborates coverage between 353 and MN.
- Be present in JOUR 353 class to listen, suggest and provide feedback towards class story pitches as primary student media source.
- Collect and publish 353 stories on MustangNew.net
- Identify the important news issues within the university and community at large.
- Work with other student media leaders to ensure quality across all Mustang News platforms.
- Research, write and host broadcast stories on MNTV, KCPR, and MustangNews.net.
- Work inside editing and broadcast softwares such as Adobe Premiere, RundownCreator, and Photoshop
- Mentor and train in-house video reporters, as well as staff writers who are pursuing video stories.
- Facilitate coverage of all live news events
- Review each piece of broadcast content posted to Mustang News video channels.
- Facilitate MN Now social media updates
- Copy edit broadcast content for spelling and grammar.
- Suggest edits to reporters before their work is finalized.
- Post video content to MustangNews.net and Youtube and collaborate with section editors when stories are produced in conjunction with written content.
- Further the goal of having all Mustang News staff members be multimedia and social journalists.
- Be enrolled/attend J455 weekly