Overview: The Digital Assistant works closely with the Digital Manager to design and publish multimedia coverage across platforms in a timely manner. The Digital Assistant will also have the opportunity to act as the web composer for some stories and implement new tools for future website use.
- Assist with designing JOUR 462 web stories and arranging multimedia content on page as needed
- Monitor apply site for issues, job description changes and MMG application updates
- Help with troubleshooting issues on the site
- Being on-call to help Digital Manager resolve content display problems
- Communicate with Newspack on ongoing issues in timely manner
- Coordinate a weekly schedule with Digital Managers for role fulfillment
- Attend weekly Sunday editorial staff meetings either in-person or via Zoom
- Familiarize yourself with plugins for improvements on site for the following year
- Implement new digital tools and website features
This is a great position for someone who is interested in mentoring for the digital manager, understanding the digital news publishing process from start to finish and composing multimedia coverage for websites. We are looking for individuals who will thrive on innovation while ambitiously seeking to hone their craft and improve their communities.
Experience with WordPress is preferred.
Compensation: $150 monthly stipend