The editor of The Hill guides investigative reporters and data analysts as they dig into some of the most impactful stories Mustang News produces. This role requires curiosity, creativity and strong institutional knowledge of Cal Poly and local communities.
- Attend weekly Sunday staff meetings & weekly editor meetings
- Organize and communicate with their team of journalists and data analysts
- Approve story ideas and advising their team throughout reporting process
- Edit stories with a strong understanding of AP Style and Mustang News Style
- Set deadlines for reporting team and hold the team accountable
- Contribute reporting and provide innovative ideas to guide team as needed
- Be the liaison between reporters and Editor-in-Chief/ Managing Editor
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure comprehensive, multimedia storytelling
- Maintain and grow The Hill’s database of information
If you have any questions about this position, please contact Omar Rashad, the 2021-22 Data and Investigations Editor, at email@example.com.