Arts & Student Life reporters have a passion for arts, culture and storytelling, and would like to share their passion with the Cal Poly community.
- Pitch and cover arts and student life stories affecting the campus community across Mustang Media Group platforms
- Produce content in a variety of multimedia formats, including interactive, graphic and video
- Use industry standard software, including Adobe Illustrator, Premiere, AfterEffects and Photoshop along with multimedia web apps
- Shoot photos and videos using DSLR and broadcast cameras
- Produce content according to Associated Press/Mustang News style
- Work alongside social media editors to develop social media-native content and promote your stories via social platforms; including but not limited to info videos and live tweeting
- Collaborate with editors and other reporters on comprehensive coverage
- Attend weekly Sunday editorial staff meetings either in-person or via Zoom
We are looking for team players with a drive to learn and passion for storytelling. Mustang Media Group members thrive on innovation while ambitiously seeking to hone their craft and serve their communities.
Whether your goal is to pursue a career in journalism, gain experience in multimedia reporting or learn more about a specific campus topic you’re interested in, Mustang Media Group is the best place to get a comprehensive campus experience. No writing, multimedia or reporting experience is required. Editors and peers are available to support you and help you to becoming a skilled reporter.