Overview: The Marketing/PR Manager is an organized leader who oversees the Mustang Media Group brand through campaigns, events and outreach programs for each media organization. The Marketing/PR Manager will be familiar with the editorial workings of Mustang News, the business workings of the MMG Business/Sales team, and the operations of KCPR radio station. They will have a working knowledge of contemporary marketing/public relations campaigns, social media marketing, graphic design, event planning etc.
Expected to work with leaders of each branch of MMG to coordinate campaigns and events and communicate consistent brand standards. They will be extremely organized, be attentive to detail and communicate effectively. Reports to MMG General Manager and works with KCPR Marketing/PR Manager and Mustang News Editor-in-Chief when necessary to help coordinate various campaigns and help assist with marketing and promotional needs. The Marketing/PR Manager will also help to create/facilitate programs that promote diversity and inclusion while also helping to maintain an inclusive and supportive environment.
Work directly with Mustang Media Group General Manager to plan the marketing events, campaigns and public outreach programs for the school year.
- Attend all J415 project presentations and serve as a liaison between the class and Mustang Media Group as the class works on various projects.
- Oversee production of KCPR and MN newsletters
- Coordinate Marketing/PR activities with MMG Advertising, Mustang News ME, and KCPR Marketing Director
- Responsible for the Mustang News “RoundUp” newsletter and all email marketing
- Work closely with Mustang Media Group Advertising to plan and provide content for the annual Poly Picks edition
- Manager should physically be in the agency at least two weeks before fall term begins
- Manage a team of marketing assistants to aid in the creation and implementation of marketing and PR plans
- Organize and execute community outreach programs, such as presentations, special events, open houses, surveys, etc.
- Serve as point of contact for all Mustang Media Group annual booths, including WOW Club Showcase, Open House and Farmer’s Market
- Serve as point of contact in the case of crisis and coordinate communication plans, such as writing sensitive emails or press releases
- Facilitate publicity for Mustang Media Group and Mustang News in a timely manner
- Develop a marketing plan to grow MMG’s audience and schedule events/tactics to help accomplish plan
- Be enrolled/attend J455 weekly