Overview: A great opportunity to become part of a nationally-recognized and award-winning advertising sales team with Mustang Media Group: the fully-integrated, student-run media organization at Cal Poly. When formed in 2013, MMG became the first program of its kind in the CSU system, bringing Mustang News, MNTV and KCPR-FM under one umbrella to provide students with the type of environment that has become standard in today’s media industry. MMG Business provides print, digital, newsstand and radio advertising for the entire organization. We work directly with local businesses to produce effective advertisements that meet clients’ needs. Our award-winning design team creates our special editions such as Coupon Book, Poly Picks, Go SLO and SLO Days.
Job Function: Working as an advertising consultant is an excellent opportunity to gain real world experience in business-to-business sales. You will broaden your understanding of sales while working in a fun and supportive environment. You will work directly with local and national businesses to meet clients’ advertising needs and build meaningful client relationships. Pay is hourly and commissioned based with opportunities for incentives. You have unlimited earning potential!
In this role, you will be called upon to:
- Communicate professionally with clients via phone calls, emails and face-to-face meetings on a weekly basis
- Provide consultative services to business owners to see how Mustang News can help their business grow and get noticed by the Cal Poly community
- Collaborate with designers to create dynamic multi-media ad campaigns for clients
- Create advertising contracts for clients
- Attend 2 weekly team meetings
What we are looking for:
- Candidate must be self-motivated, personable, and able to communicate with a variety of professionals and business owners across the San Luis Obispo county
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Ideal candidate is willing to go above and beyond the minimum number of required hours and client interactions
- Having a car or mode of transportation to see clients is not required, but definitely helpful
Pay is hourly and commissioned based with opportunities for incentives. You have unlimited earning potential!