Overview: As the Advertising Manager, you will work directly under the General Manager. You will be working cross-functionally with editorial, marketing, and design in order to ensure the execution of all special editions and revenue growth. You will also work closely with the Team Manager and Advertising Consultants to have a deep understanding of team progress and needs.
- Lead hiring, training, and development of staff.
- Help develop Media Kit.
- Analyze past sales and future opportunities to create the client list.
- Attend weekly meetings with the General Manager and Editor in Chief to analyze past editions, assess current revenue/expenses, and plan for upcoming editions.
- Responsible for $260,000 in annual advertising revenue for the school year.
- Set sales goals for the staff and construct an incentive plan to meet goals.
- Calculate staff commission at the end of each month.
- Assign leads to team members.
- Lead weekly meetings with the Team Managers in order to discuss the advertising team and plan ahead for small and big team meetings.
- Be available for any questions from team members to help provide training and input.
- Lead weekly big team meetings.
- Communicate closely with the Advertising Design Manager for all advertising materials and special editions.
- Plan meetings with the Marketing Manager and any other relevant personnel to execute on-campus events and promotional campaigns.
- Continue relationships with vendors in order to facilitate partnerships and trades.
Stipend: (hourly + commission)